Auburn City Schools Strategic Plan
Board approved April 10, 2018
Strategic planning, defined as a method by which a community continuously creates artifactual systems to serve extraordinary purposes, has been approached as both a discipline and a process. With an intent to generate innovation and creativity and with a respect to the established traditions and reputation for excellence, it is the purpose of this plan to serve the students and community with a commitment to unprecedented possibilities and continuous discovery.
Statements of Belief
We believe that all people have equal inherent worth.
We believe that all people deserve kindness.
We believe that all people have the right to be and feel safe.
We believe that diversity enriches a community.
We believe that communities thrive only when education of all is a shared commitment.
We believe that learning empowers the individual.
We believe that good character is always rewarding to the individual and to others.
We believe that we are the agents of change for a better world.
We believe that trust is essential for healthy relationships.
We believe that collective effort always surpasses individual potential.
We believe that we have the moral obligation to address the basic needs of others.
We believe that a culture of excellence is our greatest legacy.
We believe that faith inspires.
The mission of Auburn City Schools, the pinnacle of educational excellence, is to ensure each student realizes and embraces their own unique talents and intellectual gifts to achieve personal aspirations while admirably contributing to the greater good, through a vital system distinguished by:
Compassion for others
Sound stewardship of all resources
Synergistic relationships within an engaged community
The creation and sharing of knowledge
Inspired learners with a global presence
The courage and perseverance to create our future
- 100% of students exceed established academic expectations
- 100% of students learn to set and achieve personal, ambitious goals throughout life
- 100% of students possess the character, confidence, and willingness to lead and serve in a global society
- 100% of students graduate and are competitive and in high demand in careers of their choice
- We will never compromise excellence.
- We will value and respect every person.
- We will base all decisions and actions on the best interest of the student.
- We will deploy resources based strictly on the criterion of best use as defined by our mission and objectives.
- We will commit ourselves to a culture reflecting our core beliefs.
- We will establish learning environments that allow us to realize our objectives and fulfill our mission.
- We will tailor learning and teaching to the unique needs of each student.
- We will create optimal relationships within our community to maximize resources to accomplish our mission and objectives.
- We will foster and promote family engagement to ensure student success.
- We will model a diverse and inclusive environment.