For additional attendance information, please contact Rhonda Brooks, ACS Attendance Services, via email at email@example.com
Click the links below to view/download PDF files:
Additional Attendance Information
• When five (5) or more absences have occurred in the semester, the principal may ask the parent/guardian to provide a doctor or legal excuse to excuse further absences (per ACS website/handbook, page 26).
• Vacations, out of town trips (not associated with school), etc., are considered unexcused absences.
• Students may be referred with a petition to Truancy Court if they continue to have unexcused absences after Early Warning Court that equal or exceed seven (7) unexcused
• Students between the ages of 15-18 may have their driver's license revoked if they withdraw from school or accumulate 10 consecutive unexcused absences or 15 total unexcused absences in a semester.
• Excessive tardies to school can result in after school detention or other disciplinary action, as determined by the principal.
• Parents are strongly encouraged to use the parent portal of the Auburn City Schools website to monitor their student's attendance
• The complete Auburn City Schools Attendance Requirements can be viewed in the ACS website/handbook, pages 25-28.
Did you know:
• Schools are open 180 days each academic year-that leaves 185 other dates for appointments, travel, and/or leisure time.
• Chronic absence is missing missing 10% or more of the school year for any reason (excused and unexcused absences).