Covid-19 procedures to keep your student safe while exploring the resources of the school media center:
- Students will be allowed to have one book at a time.
- Students will check out from the cart in their classroom during library time. Books will be pre-selected based on a reading survey.
- Students will be assigned a day/time to come to the library on their counseling week with their homeroom class or in a group of 5 or less from the same homeroom.
- Virtual students will check out from our outdoor library cart every other week.
- Upon return, books will be quarantined for 48 hours.
- Surfaces will be sanitized between visits.
Normal Operations Non-Covid Policies/Procedures
- We are open for circulation from 7:45 until 2:00 pm daily.
- Students may check out two books every week. We strongly encourage one of the two books to be a chapter book that will take them about a week to read, as we have a goal of increasing reading stamina as well as increasing the joy of independent reading. eBooks are also available 24/7 through our Destiny Book Search link and on Sora.
- Lost books/Damaged books will be subject to a $20 replacement fee or a damage fee if it is repairable/minor.
- With teacher permission, students may utilize the library during the flexible time slots to complete classwork, work on projects, visit the writing/maker space station, or to find a comfortable space to read. We welcome students in this space, as it was created with their enjoyment in mind.