The 2017-18 Concussion, Participant Agreement and ACS Medical Consent/Insurance forms have been updated for the upcoming school year.
AHSAA and Auburn City Schools requires the following forms to be completed ANNUALLY and on file in the Auburn City Schools Athletic Office prior to a student-athlete participating in any tryout, practice or game/contest:
AHSAA Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Form (Please print both pages): First page completed and signed by the student and parent/guardian. Second page must be completed, dated and signed by an MD/DO.
AHSAA 2017-18 Concussion Form (Please print both pages): Parent/Guardian and student must print their respective names, sign and date.
AHSAA 2017-18 Participant Agreement, Consent and Release Form: Parent/Guardian and student must print their respective names, sign and date.
ACS 2017-18 Medical Consent and Insurance Verification Form: Insurance information must be completed and form dated and signed by parent/guardian.Also, Auburn City Schools Competitive Extracurricular Substance Abuse Program Consent/Release Form is required to be signed each school year for all student-athletes listed on a team roster.
AHSAA requires the following to be on file prior to a student-athlete participating in a game/contest. This is completed one time and certificates will remain in the student-athlete's file in the Auburn City Schools Athletic Office until his/her graduatioStudent's Certified Birth Certificate: Original certified birth certificate brought to Athletic Office to be copied and the copy then placed in student-athlete's file
NEW FOR 2017-18 : NFHS SPORTSMANSHIP COURSE HAS REPLACED STAR SPORTSMANSHIP FOR FIRST TIME STUDENT-ATHLETES FOR 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR. ANY STUDENT WHO CURRENTLY HOLDS A STAR CERTIFICATE WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE NEW PROGRAM. Please refer to the instructions given by the AHSAA on completing this requirement below:All first-time student-athletes (those who have not taken the STAR Course) will be required to complete the NFHS Sportsmanship Program as an eligibility requirement. Any student who currently holds a certification of completion for the STAR Sportsmanship program is “grandfathered” and will NOT be required to complete the new program.
The NFHS Sportsmanship component can be found at www.NFHSlearn.com or at the link provided on the AHSAA website and the course is free of charge. Students will need to register if they are first time users to the NFHS Learn website.
Instructions for NFHS Sportsmanship Course
- Students will visit www.NFHSlearn.com and register an account if they have not done so before. (Keep record of username and password. The AHSAA does not have access to these.)
- Under courses, type in sportsmanship and The “Sportsmanship” Elective Course should appear.
- Click on the course. Then the “View” button.
- Next, a blue tab should appear that says “Order Course.” (The course is free.)
- A box will appear for the student/coach to identify who will be completing the course.
- Next, a shopping cart appears. Select the state of Alabama, and checkout.
- Order status appears and an agreement statement. After checking the agreement statement choose continue. Last, at the Order Receipt box, “click here”
- Next, begin taking the course.
- A student can come back and finish at any time. When finished, a student can print the certificate from that screen or save and print later.