Welcome to the Creekside Library
Welcome to the CES library, where reading is an adventure!
At CES, we believe that the library is central to the learning process and is vital in creating students who have a love of reading, learning, and discovering. Our library program supports the curriculum of the school by instilling students with a love of reading and ensuring all students and staff are effective users of ideas and information.
This is accomplished by:
- providing access to a variety of print and digital resources
- promoting a love of reading by creating engaging lessons and special library events
- teaching information literacy skills necessary to access, evaluate, and use information from a variety of sources
- providing opportunities for students to practice creative and critical thinking skills through technology and makerspace projects
- developing 21st century skills of collaboration, cooperation, digital citizenship, and global learning.
The library provides print, digital, and electronic resources for students, faculty, and parents. Students utilize library resources to complete assignments, explore ideas, and to select from a wide variety of recreational reading on many topics. Creekside students will become independent library users, informed users of information, and life-long learners.
Sarah Hillyer, Library Media Specialist
I have a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education and a Master's degree in Library Media, both from Auburn University. I also hold my National Board Certification in Early and Middle Childhood Literacy. This is my 15th year in education and my 9th year as a library media specialist.