Digital Equity Survey in PowerSchool for Students
Attention Students!! The Alabama State Department of Education requires information regarding internet connectivity in each student’s home. Auburn City Schools needs your help to obtain this information. Please take five minutes and log in to the PowerSchool Student Portal using a web browser on a computer or tablet by using link below and follow the directions at the bottom of this announcement. Smartphones cannot be used to complete this survey. The deadline for completion is January 31, 2023.
Directions for Completing the Survey:
If you are able (and we are aware that many students still do not have access), log into the PowerSchool Student Portal (click here), and follow the directions below.
- Click on Digital Equity and Learning Preference at the bottom of the menu pane on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click New at the top of the screen. A New Digital Equity and Learning Preference Record will open on the right.
- Complete the fields below. Other fields are not necessary or autopopulate.
- EFFECTIVE DATE, please select the date you are filling out the record.
- INTERNET IN RESIDENCE, please select one of the following:
- Yes – Internet Access in the Residence
- No – Not Available
- No – Not Affordable
- No – Other
- INTERNET ACCESS, please select one of the following:
- Residential Broadband (e.g. DSL, Cable, Fiber)
- Cellular Network
- School-Provided Hotspot
- INTERNET PERFORMACE, please select one of the following:
- Yes – No Issues
- Yes – But not consistent
- DEVICE TYPE, please select one of the following even if more than one applies:
- DEVICE ACCESS, please select one of the following:
- Personal – Dedicated, one person per machine. (This can be selected by families of students in grades 7-12 who use the ACS-issued iPad.)
- Personal – Shared (sharing among others in the household)
- Click Submit. You are done. THANK YOU!