Hi! I am Mrs. Gooden and am super excited for Enrichment this year. I earned my BS in Sociology from Georgia College and State University and my Master of Arts in Elementary Education from Piedmont College. I am a certified Gifted Education Specialist, as well as hold a certificate in Instructional Leadership from Auburn University. I am currently working on my EdS in Instructional Leadership as well. This is my 11th year in education. Three of those years were in Georgia and the rest have been here in Alabama. I have experience in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade general education classrooms, as well as experience teaching 3rd, 4th and 5th grade gifted students.
I love my job and what I get to do with the students in the Enrichment program. It really is a program designed to meet the individualized needs of the students who participate. The students use higher level thinking skills and are challenged through concept and problem-based curriculum in all content areas while participating in individual and group projects. I cannot wait to watch your students grow this year.
FAQs About the Enrichment Program
- How are students identified to participate in Enrichment?
- Students may meet eligibility criteria through 2nd Grade Child Find or standard referral. Referrals may be requested by teachers and/or parents once per calendar year. The determination process includes multiple components completed within ninety days.
- Is Enrichment the same as Gifted?
- No, there are differences between qualification and services in these two designation programs. ACS is an Enrichment-based school system. The services the students receive are the same.
- What is happening in Enrichment?
- Exciting and engaging concept-based units! Ask your student how we are challenging and extending thinking and learning in enrichment.
Click here to email Mrs. Gooden