Online Registration Overview

    Auburn City Schools has gone paperless for processing Student Enrollment/Registration
    • All required documents must be reviewed and approved before your child can begin to attend classes.

    Returning/Current Student

    If beginning the Student Online Registration process from the web link for Returning/Current students, the snapcode at the end of the link in the email to parents must be entered.  If accessing the Student Online Registration through the email, the snapcode is embedded.)  If you did not receive an email concerning the Returning Student Registration process, please contact your child's school.

    Please use the the links to your left to access the Registration Portal that applies to your student. 
    **** Registration for the Academic Year 2016-2017 is open for Returning students only.***** 

    ACS utilizes an online registration process for all students wishing to enroll or continue enrollment with ACS.  See the ACS website  for details. You can find more information on enrollment located on the ACS website under the ACS Parent and Student Handbook.

    Students seeking to enroll in ACS must comply with all annual registration and enrollment requirements listed below and outlined in this document:

    • Submitting current proofs of residence in the name of the parent, or court appointed legal guardian who lives within the City of Auburn school zone area
    • Submitting prompt receipt of records from previous school, if applicable;
    • Submitting a birth certificate or valid document that will verify age for student entering Kindergarten, new first grade students and new students to the system.
    • Submitting a social security card or a copy of a valid social security card (requested but not required).  ALSDE Administrative Code 290-3-1-.02(4)(b)(2)
    • Submitting local emergency telephone numbers (two (2) numbers are required for students in grades K-6).
    • Submitting an original and up to date Certificate of Immunization (i.e. Blue Card), Certificate of Medical Exemption or Certificate of Religious Exemption. (can be obtained from the Lee County Health Department or your physician)  Code of Ala §16-30-3 & 4
    • Completing and submitting the to the school nurse. Form may be found on the ACS website, or retrieved from your child’s school. A separate form must be completed for each child every school year.
    • Complete and return all student information as requested. 
    • Completing and submitting the Alabama State Department of Education Health Assessment Record to the school nurse. Form may be found on the ACS website, or retrieved from your child’s school. A separate form must be completed for each child every school year.
    • Complete and return all student information as requested.

    Note:   Failure to provide complete and accurate information and all forms as required may result in the student’s withdrawal from ACS. 


    The primary domicile of the parent, the parent with physical/residential custody, or the court appointed legal guardian, is the legal residence for purposes of enrollment in school. The legal residence, as used herein, shall mean the true, fixed, and permanent home and principal establishment to which, whenever absent, the parent, parent with primary physical custody, or the court appointed legal guardian of the student intends to return to each evening. The legal residence, as used herein, is distinguished from a temporary or secondary place of residence established for some specific purpose but is not the fixed permanent residence of the parent, parent with physical custody, or the court appointed legal guardian.


    All Auburn City Schools students must domicile within the Auburn city limits with a parent, parent with residential/physical custody or a court adjudicated guardian. 

    The burden of proof in documenting residency is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian. It is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to notify each respective school in which their child attends when there is a change in address of the child, change in residency status, change of contact phone numbers and or e-mail addresses previously provided as their child’s contact information.

    By request of Auburn City Schools, it is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to provide current proofs of residency for their student(s). Submitted documents must be in the name of the parent/legal guardian, or custodial parent; with the primary residence listed for the address. The proofs (originals and downloaded forms) must be clear, legible, signed if applicable, not altered, dated, show residence address and parent/legal guardian’s name. Additional documentation may be required at any time that residency or residency documentation provided is found to be in question or unacceptable.

    Current residency documentation is required for each child at each school your children attend; the parent/legal guardian must provide each student at each school one (1) of the following combinations of residency proofs:  
    • Current year Lee County property tax statement and current month’s utility billing   
    • Mortgage closing document (signed Settlement Statement by Seller) and current month’s utility billing   
    • Mortgage billing statement (itemized, detailed and identifiable) and current month’s utility billing  
    • Recorded  Warranty Deed and current month’s utility billing  
    • Current lease/rental agreement * and current month’s utility billing  
    • Trailer rental or ownership document *and lot lease *and current month's utility billing ( 2016-2017)

            *If lease expires during the school year, a renewed active lease must be provided to each child’s school at the time of expiration and renewal. Leases on or extended to a month-to- month basis require a Residency Affidavit to be filed for each child.


    If the parent/legal guardian is unable to provide the required proofs of residency listed above because of the following conditions:

    • lease is expired and/or renting is on a month to month basis
    • currently living, whether temporarily or permanently, in another person’s residence
    • current living arrangement does not allow for the submission of the required proofs and they wish to enroll a student(s), or
    • continue the enrollment of their ACS student(s); a Residency Affidavit must be completed at the ACS Board of Education office. 

    Proof for Residency Affidavit

    The parent/legal guardian must provide:

    1.       The homeowner’s current document proofs held in their name as outlined above for residency.

    2.       Parent/legal guardian must submit two (2) current proofs of residency in their name with current address, which may include bills, driver’s license, car tag receipt, or other approved documents as determined by student services.