Immunization and HAR
The purpose of this communication is to inform you of school
registration requirements. In addition to online registration all
parents/guardians are required to submit the following two
documents pertaining to school health for each child being
1. An original and up-to-date State of Alabama Certificate of Immunization (i.e. Blue Card): IMPORTANT TO NOTE: All students who are 11 years old and will be entering 6th grade as well as any student older than 11 years old, who will be entering grade 7-12 and who has not already received a TDap vaccine, must receive the TDap vaccine to enroll in/register for school. For additional immunization requirements, please see the ACS Pupil Progression Plan or contact your child's school nurse.
2. State of Alabama Board of Education Health Assessment Record (HAR):Parents/guardians must complete and submit a HAR for each child every school year as part of the registration process. A separate form is required for each child, regardless of whether or not a health condition exists. Parents/guardians may (access/find/receive/obtain) the HAR - on the school webpage, from their child's school). ***Parents/guardians will be contacted if these documents have not been submitted by the first day of the 2015-2016 school year.
Auburn City Schools returning student registration online form is now live and ready for use.
IMPORTANT: When registering on line, please up-load the required proofs of residency. Another option for submitting your proof of residency is to take a picture of the documents and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capstone Interactive Ebooks Library is now available. Click here to begin: http://goo.gl/cWra9S
The mission of J.F. Drake Middle School, the collaborative community navigating students through educational and social transitions, is to ensure each student develops the confidence, character, and skills to become independent thinkers through a system distinguished by:
- Safe and nurturing environments
- Stakeholders engaged in the education and social development process
- Rigorous academic challenges that are incorporated into innovative and diverse learning experiences
- Personal integrity and respect of others
- Inspired learners who are globally, socially, and emotionally responsible
Strategic planning, defined as a method by which a community continuously creates artifactual systems to serve extraordinary purposes, has been approached as both a discipline and a process. With an intent to generate innovation and creativity and with a respect to the established traditions and reputation for excellence, it is the purpose of this plan to serve the students and community with a commitment to unprecedented possibilities and continuous discovery.
Guiding Parents and Students
DMS administrators will offer two informational session to help stakeholders transition to middle school.
July 30th @ 5:30 pm August 10th @ 5:30 pm
Open House - August 4th
9:00 - 10:30 - Lions, Cheetahs, Tigers 10:30 - 12:00 - Leopards, Pumas, Cougars, Bobcats 1:00 - 2:30 - Cosmic Cats, Panthers, Jaguars
August 10th - Lions, Jaguars, Tigers, Leopards August 11th - Cosmic Cats, Pumas, Panthers August 12th - Bobcats, Cheetahs, Cougars
Team Nights will be held from 6:00 - 7:00 pm. Accelerated Math meetings will be held from 5:15 - 6:00.
Camp Drake Information
Camp Drake Powerpoint (click here)
If you would like to receive news and information about DMS via text messages, join us on Celly! Text @DMS1516 to 23559. Click here for Celly Instructions
Supply List 2015-16
Drake Schedules 2014-15