If your child has medication at school for the 2014-2015 school year, please remember that all medications must be picked up at the end of every school year. Medications will not be sent home with students and any unclaimed medications will be disposed of according to state guidelines. You may begin picking up over-the-counter medications May 18-21, however, emergency medications can be picked up at the end of the school day May 21. Please contact the school nurse with any questions.
Immunization and HAR
The purpose of this communication is to inform you of school
registration requirements. In addition to online registration all
parents/guardians are required to submit the following two
documents pertaining to school health for each child being
1. An original and up-to-date State of Alabama Certificate of Immunization (i.e. Blue Card): IMPORTANT TO NOTE: All students who are 11 years old and will be entering 6th grade as well as any student older than 11 years old, who will be entering grade 7-12 and who has not already received a TDap vaccine, must receive the TDap vaccine to enroll in/register for school. For additional immunization requirements, please see the ACS Pupil Progression Plan or contact your child's school nurse.
2. State of Alabama Board of Education Health Assessment Record (HAR):Parents/guardians must complete and submit a HAR for each child every school year as part of the registration process. A separate form is required for each child, regardless of whether or not a health condition exists. Parents/guardians may (access/find/receive/obtain) the HAR - on the school webpage, from their child's school). ***Parents/guardians will be contacted if these documents have not been submitted by the first day of the 2015-2016 school year.
Auburn City Schools returning student registration online form is now live and ready for use.
IMPORTANT: When registering on line, please up-load the required proofs of residency. Another option for submitting your proof of residency is to take a picture of the documents and send via email to email@example.com.
CURRENT 6TH GRADERS WILL NOT RECEIVE TEAM PLACEMENT FOR 2015-16 IF REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE
Capstone Interactive Ebooks Library is now available. Click here to begin: http://goo.gl/cWra9S
The mission of J.F. Drake Middle School, the collaborative community navigating students through educational and social transitions, is to ensure each student develops the confidence, character, and skills to become independent thinkers through a system distinguished by:
- Safe and nurturing environments
- Stakeholders engaged in the education and social development process
- Rigorous academic challenges that are incorporated into innovative and diverse learning experiences
- Personal integrity and respect of others
- Inspired learners who are globally, socially, and emotionally responsible
Strategic planning, defined as a method by which a community continuously creates artifactual systems to serve extraordinary purposes, has been approached as both a discipline and a process. With an intent to generate innovation and creativity and with a respect to the established traditions and reputation for excellence, it is the purpose of this plan to serve the students and community with a commitment to unprecedented possibilities and continuous discovery.
18th Jazz Band Auditions @ AJHS (click here for more info)
19th - Jazz Band Auditions @ AJHS
19th - "The Cats Meow" Book Club 3:20 - 4:15
20th - 7th Grade End of Year Assembly 9:00
20th - PTO Dunk and Dance 1:15
21st - Last Day of School
21st - 6th Grade Bash-n-Splash
21st - 7th Grade Celebration @ AU Intramural Fields
25th - Memorial Day
If you would like to receive news and information about DMS via text messages, join us on Celly! Text @DMS2015 to 23559.
Supply List 2014-15
Drake Schedules 2014-15